he all-new 2013 Nissan Altima is the first and primary of five all-new models Nissan will introduce within the next fifteen months. Nissan is ramping up production of the country's second best-selling automobile and plans to set its sights directly on the Toyota Camry.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has certified the 2013 Nissan Altima as the most fuel-efficient gasoline mid-size cars in America, with ratings of 27mpg city, 38mpg highway and 31mpg combined. The 4-cylinder Altima, with a standard 18-gallon fuel tank, is capable of going up to 684 miles on a single tank of fuel!
This is a huge for Nissan as they ramp up production and start shipping the new, fuel-efficient Altimas. The new Altima is a game-changer for the mid-size market and Nissan can't wait to deliver them.
The all-new Altima sedans will come equipped with a 2.5-liter four cylinder engine and new Xtronic Continuously Variable Transmission. When they leave the assembly plants, they'll carry a window sticker declaring the best-in-segment EPA fuel economy rating of 38 miles per gallon on the highway. The EPA fuel economy certification is as follows:
2.5-liter I-4 Altima EPA Fuel Economy:City 27mpg Highway 38mpg Overall 31mpg
In addition to its unprecedented fuel economy performance, Altima offers numerous exclusive attributes and Nissan signature innovations, including:
- Ride comfort, and fun-to-drive demeanor, as well as better 0-60mph acceleration than any of the other top-selling mid-size sedans as demonstrated in independent third party testing.
- Available is Next-generation Safety Technologies, including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Moving Object Detection (MOD) systems using an innovative single rear camera.
- Also available is an Easy-Fill Tire Alert, which sounds the car horn
when the air in the tire reaches the recommended tire pressure - no
- Headlights that automatically switch on when the windshield wipers are in use.
- Premium exterior styling with a strong presence and improved aerodynamics.
- Upscale interior rivaling premium luxury sedans, including NASA-inspired "zero-gravity" seats, a sophisticated} Drive-Assist™ display and BOSE® Premium Audio System.
- Standard is Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone system and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth® Available is NissanConnectSM and NissanConnectSM Navigation with Bluetooth® phone connectivity.
- Advanced Drive-Assist™ display comes with a 4-inch color screen standard on every model, which is customizable, easy-to-use and integrates key info right in front of driver.
- And for the drivers out there, the World's first multi-link rear suspension with connect bushings and Sachs damper to deliver outstanding handling and Active Understeer Control, which uses advanced electronic stability control algorithms to enhance cornering and a lot more driving confidence.
The all new 2013 Nissan Altima is set to deliver and be one of the top selling sedans in America and will most definitely give Camry owners second thoughts about their purchase.